December Metal Shop Meeting 12-15-18 12PM

So some of you may know there is a Metal Shop meeting tomorrow. It starts at 12 noon. I may or may not be able to be there since I have to work.

Some items I’d like to see discussed is Sheetcam for the Jump server.

Future Welding Tables, start really discussing the styles & what not so we can vote on table(s) in the future, not tomorrow but in the future. So we can come up with pro’s & cons of each table. Very similarly to the way we decided on the CNC plasma.

Potentially adding a 3rd set of gas bottles including Argon & Mixed Gas.

I think also for the interim we may be able to place the coat rack in between the brake & shear, just suggesting since I think it will be more out of the way.

Clamps, Do we need more clamps & or different styles?

Other needs?

This is just a few things off the top of my head. I had a better list last month but only 3 people showed up so we didn’t discuss it.

1 Like

Additionally I’d like us to discuss getting some instructors for other equipment that currently doesn’t have many.

There are lots of tools that require a Spot Train, and others that don’t currently have classes. We need to consolidate the information on them, and find out who is willing / able to teach them. I’d like to start a list that can be pulled up via QR code on who can teach them

Cheers,
-Jim

1 Like

Dang it! I’m teaching Science classes from 12:00 - 2:00 PM. I will drop in for at least part of the meeting. I’ll also reschedule my future Saturday classes so I can attend Metal Shop committee meetings.

Normally it is the first Saturday of every month, but this month was pushed a week due to things

And, I WILL bring a copy of the Powder Coating Oven procedure that I worked this week (today). Please refrain from the following comments:
Yeah right.
I’ll believe it when I see it.
Heard THAT before.
:slight_smile:

A month or so ago I brought in some heavy duty solid rubber wheels for Big Red. They are located underneath Big Red. Do you plan to mount them on Big Red or would they be better served on a heavy duty steel table instead? If you need more wheel sets like this, just let me know. Before I bring more in I’d like to see the current set being used.

We have no intentions to make the plasma table on wheels (we can’t move the thing without reinstalling ventilation).

However we do have some projects that could probably use them but a lot of things are in planning / on hold until expansion.

1 Like

SheetCam - are we using the stable (v6.0.28 ) or development (v6.1.53) version?

https://www.sheetcam.com/downloads

Stable. :blankspace:

1 Like