Cost of Dye Sub printer supplies?

For those who have been trained and have log-in access to the printer that generates Dye Sub “masters”, has CA determined the price per sheet yet? I have some projects to do and I’d like to know the correct amount to reimburse. Thanks.

2 Likes

Better late than never?

I’m guessing you probably already know the answer by now, Chris; but, since new members may have the same question, I am going to answer this here… :slight_smile:

The Creative Arts committee usually has both letter size and legal size dye sublimation paper for members to purchase. When we have it in stock, we will have packets of five (5) sheets available for the price of $5.00. Since the cost is the same for either size, most members tend to purchase the legal size. That being the case, it’s possible that in the future we may only keep legal size on hand. That’s yet to be determined though…

tl;dr:

It breaks down to be one dollar per sheet; but, the packets will not be split up, so the actual cost is: $5 for a packet of five sheets of sublimation paper.

2 Likes

Creative Arts added a portion to their committee section on the wiki describing the consumables philosophy and current costs in CA.

I’d like to challenge the other committees to post their more common consumables fees in their wiki sections!

1 Like

Yuppers, I noticed that shortly after I posted my response above. I was trying to wrap a few things up and simply ran out of steam before updating it with some info about the Heat Transfer Vinyl (that costs $3.50 per linear foot to use…) and something else that caught my eye. I was going to come back and update this thread after updating the wiki, and ended up going to sleep instead. :wink:

That being said…

Thank you for both adding the information on the wiki, and for sharing the link on this thread!

Agreed ~ that would be really helpful! At least with the most commonly available consumables…

Things that are “one off purchases”, or that have prices that change often due to market influences, etc… probably should not be on the wiki ~ to avoid any unintentional incorrect prices.

Thanks again!! :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes