Converting camera videos to a DVD

I have a few videos I captured on my camera. Moved them to my hard drive. Trying to figure out how to move them to a DVD. I have a writer and some software but not sure how to switch formats. Have the tools but not the smarts. Thanks. Jeff

What is the format they are saved as?

Unless it is something odd, which is unusual now days. You should be able to copy them to DVD and proceed with things.

Heading to see the Steeldrivers at the Kessler.Catch up with ya tomorrow. Thanks for the input.

Jeff Whitcomb

“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

Do you want to be able to play them off the DVD? As in with a menu on your tv? Or just save the files themselves to a DVD.

2 Likes

If you want to burn a DVD that’ll “play” in a DVD player, you’ll need to use a DVD video creator. Windows Vista, 7 and 8 had a free DVD maker product but it has been removed for Windows 10. I think you can burn a video DVD with VLC but it has been a while. Macs probably have something built in to the OS that does it…

1 Like

I got the MovieMaker to work well.Thanks for the input. It was just having enough monkeys typing for me to figure it out. I have a million of them here in my house…LOL.

Jeff Whitcomb

“The only good sense is one of humor, without it all the others are worthless.” JCW
[email protected]

3 Likes