[COMPLETED] - Fix leaky woodshop air lines

Both the air hoses in woodshop audibly leak air, quick connects are not supposed to leak that much. Would anyone be interested in fixing them?

1 Like

Do we have any quick connects? I’ll replace them if we have them. The quick connect for the plasmacam leaks like a sieve as well & needs replacement.

4 Likes

Ditto. I can and would fix this sort of thing if we had some spare parts handy.

1 Like

Not sure which side of connection is leaky, there is a black bin on top of the logistics shelf with all our spare air fittings.

Cool. One more question, where is the “logistics shelf”?

Currently between laser and dock doors on back wall

With the flashy sign on it…

@jphelps and @TBJK

What is the status of these repairs?

Do you have anything blocking your ability to repair the air lines?

For the record I moved the Air box to the far right of the top of the logistics shelf. It’s black and labeled AIR.

Should we maybe schedule this with :

In my experience it’s better to just get the job done. People will spend hours scheduling a 15 min job.

Before starting air projects that require shutting down the lines just make sure nobody is currently on the laser,plasma,Haas outside of those tools air is not critical for the operation also be sure to purge the air from the lines.

Hanging a note on machines is also not a bad idea that air maintenance will be happening.

The air distribution box mounting should not need to have the air shutdown .

3 Likes

Taught a class late on Tuesday but otherwise haven’t had time to do anything! Planning to be at the space Friday evening or Saturday, definitely Sunday.

2 Likes

I actually have quite a bit of air hose I can donate with quick connects attached of that helps.

I replaced the fitting with a 3/8 - 1/4 mpt barb fitting but not the quick connect yet. That hose itself is not in great shape. It’s dry rotting, it had foil tape over a hole then pink duct tape.

2 Likes

:scream_cat:
There, I fixed it?

2 Likes

Tim let’s get the lines replaced let me know what you need.

1 Like

I’m in tomorrow at 9 AM for the brake class, then probably hanging around some before TIG at 4. Will help as needed.

The plasma cam leak is fixed, for now. The hose is showing signs of wear and cracking.

2 Likes

Are the hoses that we have now rubber or PVC?

What is the latest status of this Opportunity?

We should order a couple new whips. Say a couple 10’ leader hoses. We didn’t have the air hose fitting for the female quick connect. There were a couple male 1/4 npt to female quick connects but to female.

2 Likes