Competitive Robotics Committee - Vote for Initial Chairperson

We will be establishing the new Competitive Robotics Committee and voting on our initial chairperson to present to the Board of Directors. Open to all DMS members with an interest in competitive robotics.

Time: Wednesday 11/30 @ 7:00PM

Place: Lecture Hall

3 Likes

Before you can elect a chairperson, you need to propose the committee and have 5 people sign up.

From the Wiki:

Committees can be created for any reason. They require five members and need to be approved by the board.

When it comes to decisions, committees are not independent. They really only have the power to make suggestions or spend money which has been allocated to them via donations or by action of the Board of Directors.

The board and membership often times follow the recommendations of the committees, but are not required to.

More information about the rules regarding committees is available here.

We’ve been in direct communication with the board and this move is under a board member’s direct guidance. Thank you for the input though!

Krissy I don’t know who your talking to but Ken is right before you can goto a BOD meeting you must follow the process as set forth in the rules that Ken posted.

They’ve been taking to me. It’s a continuation of the discussions at the last board meeting about setting up a committee so they can spend funds and such. If a wiki page is all that stands in the way that can be fixed.

That’s what ken said

Afaik, the only item on the rules that hasn’t been taken care of yet is the wiki page which we are taking care of right now and will be done well in time.

The meeting this Wednesday is for all interested members to vote for a proposed committee chair. We wanted to make sure that anyone who wants a say in it has it.

Is there any thing else we might be missing? We’re trying to be as prepared and on the ball as possible with this.

Thanks!

OH! @Lampy is Ken! I GET IT NOW

Sorry guys, I’m not typically on Talk (I generally avoid forums like the plague) and not familiar with everyone’s nick names…

3 Likes

No biggie! I probably should change my user name but then I could not hide in plain site. :dms:

Fair enough. :smiley: Sorry for the confusion. Had I known it was you, my response would have been completely different. :slight_smile:

1 Like