CNC Plasma Cutter Troubleshooting

Trying to make some cuts but it appears like the ohmic sensor isn’t working. The torch head lowers to and past the contact point with my material (meaning it pushes down on the plate I’m cutting). I then get the following error:

Dynatorch error

I checked the consumables and they seem fine. I attached the ground clamp directly to my work and the ohmic sensor wire is in place.

I’m going to guess the shield it not making full contact with the ohmic sensor ring or the consumables are in backwards.
Ive seen both do it.

2 Likes

I’ll check both! Thanks.

Yeah the Ohmic ring is definitely not in contact with the shield.

I’m tempted to try to bend it down but that’s probably not wise.

Id say carefully do it.

1 Like

A pair of pliers and some papertowel for scratch protection and I have the contact made and the arc will now strike.

The cut would stop an inch or so into the outside cut, so there’s something wrong with my G-code probably.

In trying to debug that I think I managed to throw the crash switch somehow and now the table won’t home/zero. I’ve tried resetting the table and restarting the dynatorch software.

The fun never ends!

When you go back into Sheet cam , with the layers tool on you should see the two layers you assigned to the inside and outside. If you uncheck one in turns off everything in that layer. this shows what is and isn’t quickly. If it is not assigned a layer it won’t happen.

the reset for the problem you had with the travel is a check box next to the X and Y counters in the left hand corner.

I managed to make sparks and turn good steel into scrap metal, so it was a good day.

I am having a problem with the cutting taking place in the spot on the table I want it too. Having the part end up the size you want it is a bit of a challenge so far. Who has laid claim to the title “GURU”??

1 Like

Jim indicated that someone had messed with the settings yesterday evening. He said that his part that was supposed to be .7 inches ended up being 16 inches. I will verify tomorrow.

One other thing, what is the preferred condition for leaving the machine. all I did was close the sheet cam and the plasma cam. If more is recommended, please advise.

Tim and Jim have the time in and expertise, whether they claim it or not…

Use the “does it fit” from the training and adjust x and y to where you want it.
Were you the person cutting out cowgirls this evening?
Sorry I don’t know much on the “scale” options. That’s something I need to practice up on…

Again, from the training:
home the machine
log out
turn off Dynatorch table
turn off hypertherm
turn off evac fan
clean up.

1 Like

I visited the will this fit thing and it fit quite nicely but the material area was not what I asked for and where it should be is not where the table thinks it is.

shut down procedure noted, thank you

I do remember going into will it fit at least once but don’t recall what I found , will check it again next session, good thought, thanks,

yes those were my girls

with the will it fit you can reset the boundary box of your parts. Generally you go to one extreme, then manually reposition the gantry and then reset the extreme. Repeat for the other axis.

1 Like

obviously will it fit is something requiring more attention, thank you gentlemen.

1 Like