CNC Lathe Auction, ends 11-15-18

So there was some discussion in Team Machine shop. @David_Steele brought this auction to our attention. So we talked about member raising like we did with the HAAS. So far we have 950$ to throw to it from 4 members. Any other takers interested?

https://bid.rosensystems.com/cgi-bin/mmlist.cgi?rosen439/20

We are up to 1050$ now from 5 members.

1550$ from 7 members now.

In case anyone missed it, here’s the video: https://youtu.be/P30NpOHeNWA

1 Like

I’m in for $100

We are now at 1650$ from 8 members.

I’m in for $100

I’m good for $250

paging @frank_lima

I’m in for $50.

If we buy it, what’s it going to cost to move it ? And how much time would we have to get that together ?

@TBJK Tim, throw me down for $100.

Now 2350$ & 14 members.
I will call the riggers they suggested tomorrow, It has to be moved next week. Also ask if they have a forklift onsite that can pick it.

2 Likes

Haltom City/Fort Worth

I will add that this machine was made in 2007.

1 Like

So how do we donate to this? Do I just say what I will give or is there a website?

just message Tim or in this thread what you’ll contribute.

Thanks! …

I will throw in $100.

@TBJK. Saw it was at $2200 is that our bid?

Now for some tough questions:

1. Will the Machine Shop have room for this CNC Lathe in the new area?
  2. Will there be power available for the lathe in the new MS area? Note that it mentions a transformer is included.
  3. Will the Lathe have to be stored offsite for awhile during the transition phase? If so, for how long? Any suggestions where it could be stored until the appropriate time?
  4. Will the current Chair(s) accept the donation of this lathe if the members are successful in raising the money to buy the Lathe? @nicksilva @TBJK Does the board or expansion committee need to approve any of this? @Photomancer @John_Marlow @Kriskat30

Current bid is up at $2,300.
Is there any tooling shown in Lots 24 - 26, etc that would be used on this lathe? @JRay @nicksilva

OVERALL DIMENSIONS APPROX 69"H X 90"W X 70"D, INCLUDES TRANSFORMER, 3-PHASE, KVA 20 HARDWIRED, BIDDER MUST REMOVE PROPERLY

2950$ now from 16 members.
I have not put any bids in yet. I have been watching it and waiting until the last few hours to see how high it gets. I’m hoping that it doesn’t jump anymore but I’m not optimistic.