Class on making a healing hand salve, now open [11/17 3pm]

For years I have been making my own hand salves as the majority of my hobbies include contact with materials that seriously dry out my skin (specifically leather and wood). This class is free and will cover a general theory of how to formulate a hand salve, information on specific oils/butters for use on skin, a hands on making of a salve, and the option to buy a jar at cost. Come check it out!

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/events/view/8343

4 Likes

Just bumping this one more time, the class is this Saturday at 3pm.

Do you get dry skin, dermatitis, winter itch, eczema, the heebies and/or the jeebies? Ever wonder what the word emollient means? Consider taking this class!

The class is free, and not only do you get to walk away with the recipe, you also get the theory on how to formulate your own custom salve. As a bonus you can walk away with a small jar at cost.

3 Likes

Cool class! I would sign up, but I’m not sure I will be back in town by the time it starts.

2 Likes

I have and use this salve. it’s fantastic. A must have for long days of making.

I’ll still be in Bossier from the Patti Labelle concert. :cry: I hope you do this again not on a weekend. It sounds fabulous.

1 Like

Since I can’t make it I think you should a)sell some of this stuff in the December fair and b) have another class later! (Hopefully not in the first half of January because if that happens I’ll be stuck working at home again all weekend and be sad)

I can also just make an extra jar during the class for you if you’d like. Not sure when I will be able to do this one again. Same offer for you @MizGeek

2 Likes

That would be awesome!

Someone take good notes too! One big question is there any mineral oil/petrolatum in it?

No mineral oil or petroleum.

Also I ended up with 2 extra jars if anyone wanted some.

I want and how much $$ do you want?!

They are $5 each, which is the cost per jar.

Edit- I should probably also mention that they have coconut oil and Shea butter so if you are allergic to either, let me know and I can make a batch without those.

I definitely would like a jar but I’m pretty sure I won’t be at the space until Thursday

No worries. Having the Mrs drop off the jars in my box at dms. Just go grab one and you can paypal me or just throw some ones at me next time you see me. I trust you.

1 Like

Coconut oil and shea butter are my friends! You can’t have curly hair without them. I definitely want the other jar. Thank you so much! I just got back from Bossier City (Patti LaBelle concert). I hope to get up to the Space by Thursday.

1 Like