Class entered for Sunday 4/1 2pm

I just put a class out there for Sunday 4/1 at 2pm. You should see it on the calendar in 72 hours.

I will be making a pair of knee-length baggy pants, elastic waist and hem, with pockets. You can follow me, and pick your length.

You’ll need to bring your own fabric. There is some fabric in the sewing cabinet, but there’s no guarantee that there’s enough for a pair of pants. You will need to bring elastic, minimum 1/2" wide, at least long enough to go around your waist.

We’ll start with the basic sewing machine instruction, so you don’t have to know how to use a machine first.

Class is limited to 5 folks making pants (or whatever). That’s because there are only 5 sewing machines. If you just want to watch, you can just show up.

I didn’t put an age restriction in, but parents should be aware that sewing machines can be dangerous. Most tailors have stories of having sewn over their finger at least once. Once was enough for me…

4 Likes

@steve and 20 characters

If I remember right, a flat twin sheet is about 60 in wide and about 3 and a half yards long

you can check thrift stores for nice soft used one, I think Wally worlf has them
for less than $9-$10 Theirs have have a tendency to dye run the firest few washing
After that they are decent and fairly cheap

I would consider a sheet to be too light for pants.

It s been several years since I used them for baggy pants for summer they were not
bad, back 15 yrs ago,
Many years ago Hancodks had a lot of sheets there were seconds and thirds They solld them for
$1 and I had several coupons for $5 off a $20 [purchase I am not sure how many stores I raided
I havent had to buy sheer since then I did buy some to make garb some years ago The cheaper sheets were best

Sorry for the old outdated info

But not too bad for PJs …

3 Likes