Chip Flashing Tools

Do we have a 16-leg Test Clip & EEPROM programmer? I’m needing to attempt this process: https://mazda3revolution.com/forums/2014-2018-mazda-3-skyactiv-audio-electronics/229891-black-screen-mzd.html#/topics/229891?page=1

Any guidance from those who have been here before is appreciated. I understand what I’m doing as far as the data/partitions and such, but I’m always worried about over-doing the voltages.

Thanks.

Did a very quick look at the link.
There should be a Pomona SOIC clip kit in the lower part of the toolbox in ELab

Don’t have a EEPROM programmer.
Looks like they’re using RPi as a SPI programmer.

So what does one gain for all the trouble?

It’s essentially a linux box, and I screwed libc.so. I can either set it to boot the failsafe partition & install from a standard usb, or I can flash the entire thing directly. I’m going to try option 1 first.

This is my CMU (stereo & nav) from my Mazda CX-5

Hopefully it makes nav system much faster and friendlier to use. Gave mine a “5 star fist through the dash” award. I hear that Mazda contracted it out. Whoever signed off on it should lose their license/be demoted.

The CMU code has been under the wing of about 4 companies over time. OpenCar, JCI, Visteon, Mazda. Just recently they started offering an official Android Auto upgrade. Available back to 2014 models I believe.

While I made this doofie mistake, I could easily make you rs better. The hardware isn’t half bad. I could even put Android Auto on it for you.