Cermark with clear anodized aluminum?

Has anyone used Cermark with clear anodized aluminum? If so, how did it turn out? What kind of speed/power for a raster image?

Thanks!

Q: What will CerMark NOT work on?
A: CerMark will not work on trophy brass, copper, gold
(10k, 14k, 18k, 24k) and silver plated gifts. Also, no clear
coated or anodized metals.

7 Likes

you can blast the anodized parts off in the vapor hone if you take your time. Might be easier with the Aluminum Oxide grit when the gets cycled in, hopefully soon. We missed doing it at the last metal meeting.

-Jim

2 Likes

Thanks. I understand that the laser can be used to blast the anodized layer off of aluminum. Could it then be treated with Cermark with the expectation that it would work?

There is another product called Marksolid 114 and I found a video doing exactly that (two passes).

Better make sure you have exact positioning of the materials on the laser! In that video they had the plate in the upper left corner for the blast pass then again after coating for the mark pass.

Yup. I’d tape/weigh down a piece of material and then cut an opening exactly the size of my part for registration. I’ve done that for other stuff and it works great.

2 Likes

We just have to avoid stupid user tricks such as spraying that stuff inside the lasers.

3 Likes

No problem. Wouldn’t do that.

No, but we do have users that would. :frowning:

1 Like

We had a member spray Cermark on a tumbler while it was mounted in the rotary engraver. Coated the rotary.

Did you take the opportunity to engrave a “don’t do that!” on the attachment?

1 Like