Ceramics Kiln News March 2024

Unloaded Bisque. Come get your pieces! :v:t3:

3 Likes

Some new items added to needs attention

1 Like

That wiggly pot on the bottom shelf, far right - what was wrong with it? It should just be T6 greenware unless something happened to it on the shelf.

1 Like

Most likely you put it on the shelf while it was still wet. Pieces need to be bone dry before placing on the to be bisqued shelf. Most likely it is dry now…but you have to go check on it…if not dry keep it on the in progress shelf…if dry then place back on to be bisqued shelf.

2 Likes

Ok, no worries. I’ll be around this weekend so I’ll check it then.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Firing Question

After seeing that last picture, I have to tell this story.

Back in the 90’s, my mother and her siblings were having a garage sale in Irving. My aunt had one of the anatomically correct mugs like the one towards the lower left in with a bunch of other miscellaneous items.

A pre-teen boy happened to see it, picked it up and asked “How much for this?” My quick-thinking mother said “It’s ten dollars” at which point he said “Oh.” and put it back down. His mother, who was standing right behind him mouthed the words “Thank you.”

4 Likes

Needs attention pieces right now

These items have been added to the Needs Attention shelf for being placed on the shelf still damp. Reminder: greenware placed on the firing shelf needs to be completely bone dry.

1 Like