CA January '19 Committee Meeting Notes

Hello everyone and @Team_Creative_Arts

Last night we met for about an hour to discuss CA. Here are the committee notes. I encourage anyone who wants to get involved to please seek either @BarkingChicken or I or a SIG leader and we will be happy to help you get involved. Thank you to everyone who attended the meeting. I can’t wait to see what this year brings the space.

I will post this to the wiki by Monday

CA Jan 11th2019

Big news 3 sewing machines and 1 overlock will be out for a spa day – when they come back the others will be taken in

Introductions

Current budget: $29,951

Big spending over Dec –

fibers investment – purchasing tools, getting a few small tools for additional classes, restocking the general use fibers

Cart for Dye Sub

Upcoming expenses -

sewing machine maintenance happening as we speak thank you Astrud and Paul

Investment in resin Sig - approved

Allocate $300 from CA for Resin spending

Leather will give them two shelves for space

Expansion update – shay and I will be going to a meeting on the 22nd and will update

Reports from committees

Leather –

Allocate $800 for future purchases - Approved

Fibers –

Allocate $500 for future purchases – Approved

Loom is ready but still being held till expansion (thank you Fiberlady in Flowermound)

Sewing

Allocate $800 for future purchases – Approved

One overlock purchased by Astrud

Sewing machines going

Patterns will be put out for all to take

Cosplay

No report

Vinyl

Need to order HTV all colors especially black and white

Dye sub

Make computer portable for rolling cart

Need to order full set of inks

Printer

Haven’t met

Nicole needs to touch base

Old things to discuss

Nothing

New things to discuss

Shay has a donation of knitting supplies

We are going to have a garage sale – Each SIG will have deadline and we will do a joint sale later

Nicole asked Matt to move Gormans Model to front

thingumajigs to reorder

Freezer Paper came in as wax paper Nicole needs to investigate ASAP

Newsprint sucks we need paper

5 Likes

-hangs head- I’m sorry…I was kidnapped Thursday. Last minute opportunity to see Gladys Knight in Bossier City, LA. (She could be The Bee, too.)

1 Like

Honestly the last two months have been a whirlwind for me. Admittedly, dms hasn’t been on the front of my mind so it was nice to get the grove back and see the gang again.
Next month will bring more focus from me and more planning for the move so get ready sister! Big Wonderful things are happening!

2 Likes