Bridgeport CNC Donation Last Call

Please refer to this link

I’ve recently been informed by the end of the month the company I work for will dispose of these two machines. Whether they go to the junkyard or not is the least of our concerns.

I haven’t checked in a long time, last I heard y’all were expanding to another building. Is this something the maker space wish to obtain?

2 Likes

@Team_Machine_Shop

I know we’ve been back and forth on it, but I’d love for DMS to have the one that was in good mechanical shape and do an open source controller swap.

I’d volunteer my time to that.

1 Like

@grime96 Can you give us anymore details. What tooling it uses? Also any major known issues with it?

Both machines use CAT 40 holders. As for retention knobs, I think they use the same retention knobs as your HAAS CNC machine. I’ll have to investigate once I return to work.

The 760 umbrella style ATC has a few pockets damaged. I believe pockets 1 through 4 are damaged, which is no surprise considering it made out of plastic, the 760 has a detachable conveyor/coolant reservoir system. The conveyor function does not work, coolant pump flood works.

The Torq 30 is currently not in use. We haven’t replaced the spindle motor. Although we used this machine for production in the past, on occasion chips would fall in between the way covers and trigger the limit switches causing the machine to alarm out and you will have to re-home the machine.