Baby's first marble

It’s not in round, because we don’t really have the proper shaping tools, but I did it!! Made with our lampworking tools, and the glass Tom donated.

20180712_213815|250x500

15 Likes

Great job! ,!!!

1 Like

That’s awesome! I want to make those someday.

Round is hard! Nice work! Tried a little lampworking a few yrs ago, that’s a steep learning curve if you have no instruction. Can’t wait to get my membership going so I can come play with you fine folks. Btw: I have a torch and some tools and a whole box full of glass rods (multicolors), can I bring my stuff to the space for myself and others to use? I don’t mind sharing.

2 Likes

Get in touch with @meanbaby to arrange this. Meanwhile, here are the policies on loaning/donating tools to the space:

https://dallasmakerspace.org/wiki/Rules_and_Policies#Loaning_of_Tools_.26_Equipment_To_The_Makerspace

We also have project storage for short term storage and small personal storage boxes that you can purchase.

1 Like

Hello Wingwalker,

Nice to meet you! GlassWorks is a new department formed in the last 8 weeks. We are eagerly waiting for our own space with the current expansions. Right now Most of our stuff is in storage. We are meeting and planning for classes, and our new space setup.
We have a large glass storage shelf with multiple dividers we are discussing our members using to store their glass in for a nominal fee, after our space has been set up.

Our next committee meeting is on Aug 6th, I hope you can join us.

Thank you,
Anita Willis

1 Like

I was going to do a stained glass class. Should I wait?

1 Like

Thank you so much. Hope to meet you all soon!

Well, @dr_cee is/was working over some of the saws and other power tools. I’m not sure if he’s done or not. Other than that, you might come by to see what we’ve still got at the space. Those are the only things that might slow you down as far as holding a class. If that’s straight, go for it!

1 Like

I plan to meet with our Stain Glass teachers in a couple of weeks to evaluate what is needed for classes to start. I am currently out of town.
We have several items in storage but, we also need to purchase a few things.