Automotive 101 request

If someone could give me the automotive 101 one night this week or any time next weekend I’d greatly appreciate it. I’ve worked as a professional mechanic before, so I really just need a tour of where everything is.

I have an '05 Lexus RX330 due for its first timing belt and I need to do struts soon. I don’t need the lift but it would be handy in the near future for suspension inspection, diff fluid, etc. if it will fit on the lift we have. If it’s convenient to do that at the same time as the 101 I’m game. Just let me know.

Edit: As it turns out, yesterday wasn’t Sunday. If anyone is available this week please let me know…

Thanks!

Choose an evening after 730pm, and I’ll meet you at the Space.
I’ll be happy to show you around & meet ypu. We can also knock out the lift training as well.

(Today - Monday is not available )

Thanks Tom, sounds good. Let’s shoot for Thursday then.

Edit: Just saw the post about cleanup Wednesday. I’ll come down for that, and then we can just do the lift Thurs. if that’s good.

Hey Tom am i clear on the lift? I can’t remember if we did the walk through on it.

use your badge on the reader in the common room - it should say you are on or not on the lift users list (I make sure to tell everyone that takes the lift training to have Stan add their name to the list)

Hi Tom,

Well, go figure, I get all my ducks in a row and I’ve come down with the flu. I’ll have to give you a shout next week to re-schedule.

Thanks again,

‐‐‐‐‐‐‐ Original Message ‐‐‐‐‐‐‐

Tym,

Next week some time will work.
get well first!

Good Evening,
I am a new member and I would like to get the Automotive 101 and 102 certification. From what I have read so far, this seems to be done on an “as needed” basis. What is the best way to get this done?

Thanks,
Tom C.

Tom, Thanks for asking about this, I would like to attend the next one also and get checked out on the lift.

Jeff Moore

There are options…

I will be at the Space on Weds evening around 8pm until midnight (often later than midnight).

I Should spend time and do some “housekeeping” at my work this weekend but may instead head to the Space for some relaxation in automotive Sunday evening.

Monday evening is also a possibility.

Post a time and I will try and make it. I will be there monday for multicam test , should be over by 745. or Wed is fine.

Hey folks. I joined DMS on Thursday night and I was pretty impressed with the scope of the whole space. I’d really also like to get privileges on the lift to work on my E30. I’m planning on checking out the space in a little more depth tomorrow (Sunday 12/2) evening, I’ll be there whether or not someone is around to walk me around the lift, but it would be really awesome if that was an option!

Jeff,
I came to check out the shop last night but I wasn’t able to find anyone who could help me with getting signed off on the lift. I’ll be hanging around the automotive area again tonight if you (or anyone!) can show me around the lift.

Sorry but I am not signed off on it either. I was replying to the earlier post

Oops! Misunderstood.

Is there anyone who can sign off sometime this week?

Tom’s probably a good bet:

1 Like