Articles about DMS

I stumbled on this one

Beth can you give me any more to look for it, Im fairly decent at search

Was it in post 10?

:wink:

2 Likes

I finally got a PDF copy of the article from the publisher of Pinball Magazine. Nic Schell, Jayson Woods and myself were interviewed not long after the 2016 Texas Pinball Festival so it is now two years old. One thing I did not know about until I had the actual magazine in my hand several months later was that one of the photos in the article of the workshop had been pulled from the wiki and was from the old Ladybird location.

Attached is the PDF of the article.PM04-Vector-article.pdf (935.3 KB)

5 Likes

Nice - My Blackwater 100 is there. :slight_smile:

Another brief DMS mention

2 Likes

We ended up getting a ton of sources and citations on the page, maybe too many? Either way the article is in the review queue now.

2 Likes

Got to wondering about this, again, so I looked it up.
Our draft

appears to have been rejected

by a user who has been suspended for unsportsmanlike behavior:

Wondering where we (Luke, really) go from here, and if resubmitting is the proper next step (and also, wondering HOW a “sock puppet account” was able to reject our submission)…

1 Like

It appears we can re-submit. Perhaps do some updates.

1 Like

I’d cut some of the granularity out, myself. Dues, current rules, board members/officers - all that can be had from our website.

1 Like

I’m thinking before we try resubmitting, I would make an effort to exercise this offer

of help from “experienced editors”, because I’m not really understanding the rejection (which makes me think it’s bogus, perhaps).Maybe (probably) I’m just being lazy, but it appears to me that we do have reliable, secondary, independent publicationS (plural) in the citations, but maybe I’m just not understanding (or not doing enough diligence in double checking that all 4 boxes are ticked on at least 2 such sources).

When I have a moment, I supposed I’ll create this “checklist” and walk through the citations to see if I think I’m right; so far, I’ve just "seat of the pants"ed it.

Who would be the right person to do that?

1 Like

I’d vote for Coul, seeing as he’s incoming PR guru.

2 Likes

My vote is Luke Strickland, since he’s been most involved till now, but I reckon most anyone COULD…

1 Like

Both?

They can add and subtract characters together

Here’s my impression of how this comes out…

I’m interested in others’ assessments…

A new article:

4 Likes

still cheesed off we can’t get our own page…
makes this look idiotic.

especially those WITH pages, with nothing on them. :kissing_smiling_eyes:

Why don’t you edit and create one?
It’s a wiki

WAS.
Then it became the juggernaut that is Wikipedia.
Go ahead and give this thread a read…

1 Like