Anyone want to help gather quotes for a tourbus/rental bus/party bus

What you get, and what you pay for, with a third party rental is someone else that is legally responsible for any accidents and resulting damages.

My suggestion if we don’t want to pay for such a third party is to drive there separately. You still can have the commeradery over the meals and drinking before/after the tour.

If someone is willing to drive, it is still option.

You can rent 15 passenger vans for decent rates at Capps. My wife has used them in the past when doing her area history tours.

Not familiar with Capps. Link? Thanks

1 Like

not google, but it’s been brought up before…
Maybe 2 more mentions, I’ll remember! :rofl:

Capps van rentals is huge - giant inventory.

I my days in the us Gov’t we rented them on a fairly regular basis, always clean basic transportation. Certainly not “roomy” tho…unless getting shoehorned in like a sardine and keeping your buddy warm is OK.

Have you looking into limo companies with larger shuttle type buses like :

http://www.allenlimo.com/passengerbus%20dallas%20limousine.htm

1 Like

As for the Loss damage waiver, one of my cc has that protection built in. Worth a mention. They tell you just to waive it & pay with your CC.

1 Like

I was referring to liability for injuries, not loss and damage. Just saying…

1 Like

A hired limo / bus service would be the hassle free way to go (hopefully with a margarita machine) that way there is no damage or liability responsibility on any of the members using a hired vehicle with driver.

More pricey - nope, not after a basic risk assessment.

1 Like

Ya but I don’t know if anyone would do it for over $35 a person.

still a bargain at $40 for the number of hours/stops with a personal driver still beats having to drive, park, drive, etc

1 Like

Oh my cheap teacher brain always under estimates.

The 1400 mile round trip to get you was a few miles out of range. Move north!

Thought this was kinda funny. Now who has spare scratch laying around.

Yep shenanigans.

3 Likes

Don’t we have our own bus? (ducks and covers)

4 Likes

That’s literally the question I was going to ask

A bit healthier for 25 people at $675= $30 a person (averaging in tax/tip)

That quote suggests that a 15% fee will be added which isn’t in the $675 or doesn’t seem to be as it shows the total for that item as $0.00. This fee would increase the cost to $776.25 before tax, $842.24 after tax. That is about $34 per person if I’m correct.

1 Like

The tool bus has no seats. It would also required a CDL license and special insurance to drive with some number of people > 1.

1 Like