Anyone up to go karting(indoor or outdoor)?

Continuing the discussion from Group buy VW fans?:

This photo spurred the idea.
@jast :smiley:

3 Likes

Dallas Karting Complex Does league nights, first one of the year is march 8th. Also, @Apexi1100 and I are usually looking for an excuse to go out there for some seat time.

4 Likes

Unfortunately I don’t fit go karts well at 6’5" and 300lbs.

2 Likes

I’d be in for a Karting night. The 8th might be tough for me + not sure I’d want to compete against ‘league’ folks my first time out at a place like DKC.

1 Like

You do need to have been to DKC at least once before they’ll let you compete in the League races, but there are lots of racers there and you will almost definitely wind up around someone about as fast as you are. I raced there all last year and its been some of the most fun i’ve had racing, even though ive never stood on the podium there.

1 Like

Do you know if there are any groupons available for that evening? I would definitely be up to join a group attending.

I’m down to clown for some shifter kart action.

1 Like

I’ve never actually been, but the karts at DKC aren’t your average kiddy-ride karts. The ‘small’ adult models go 50+ mph.

1 Like

K1 anytime and DKC with a couple days notice!

2 Likes

Yeah,

I went a few years back with my sister and cousin. While they fit, I had all kinds of problems.

6 Likes

Do most people do more than one race when they go? At $25/race for the basic kart that can get expensive fast.

2 Likes

They have deals for multiple races. 3 races is $60, and 3-4 races in one sitting is about all i typically can handle.

2 Likes

Those shifters are insane. I had a chance to drive one a while ago and it beat me the hell up, but it was awesome.

2 Likes

Which K1 is better? Richardson or Ft Worth/Arlington(?)?
When’s a good time to DKC?

K1 Richardson has 2 for 1 races every Thursday Night, combined with a local car show. Usually there by 7 running 3 or 4 races

2 Likes

Sounds like a fun time!

If @yashsedai goes I down with it.

Haha I doubt I can fit