Anyone need old denim?

Okay, so due to the white-hot friction crucible of my thighs, I have like, an embarrassing number of jeans that are no longer suitable for human wearing. (Feel free to correct me on that - I have tried a few things to shore them back up, but nothing has worked.)

The rest of the denim is still in good shape, though, and I don’t want to just toss them out. Does anyone in CA use denim on the regular, or do I just need to keep hoarding them until the inevitable Thunderdome apocalypse brings chaps back into fashion?

2 Likes

I am not in CA but would love to have some extra denim if you are donating. Is it light or dark colored?

1 Like

Yes please! I’m going to teach a class on how to turn your old denim into a work apron. I would love to have them for my students.

3 Likes

FYI resin casters, you can make denim micarta with it, then make a ring or knife scales out of that.

6 Likes

Oh, super - I’m so glad they will go to good use! @yashsedai, @Aneres - I will put them on the maker-trade shelf (across from the tarantulas) this afternoon, so you can sort through them and pick out whatever you need. Thanks, y’all!

Wow. I didn’t think there would be a big of a response for used denim. I just got new work pants not to long ago (FR denim), my old stuff is regular. I may even have some other brand of FR pants I may get rid of. I did not like the way they fit.

2 Likes

don’t forget denim lasers very well. basically it turns white where lasered. great for printing ‘kiss the chef’ or something on an apron. full disclosure - it does weaken the fibers where lasered. but who cares as long as it looks cool.

3 Likes

I watched a video of used jeans being turned into a ring. You can use old denim for a crap ton of things.

1 Like