Any Upcoming Welding Classes?

I missed the last round of classes, and was wondering if there were any coming up! Looking forward to learning the ropes on both MIG and TIG, I have a Yamaha XS650 frame that’s in need of some love. Thank you!

Just want to add my name here. I really want to take the welding classes. Is there anything that we can do to get a class going?

2 Likes

I’m specifically waiting for a MIG class. Found out I don’t have the dexterity for TIG.

1 Like

Eagerly waiting as well. Haven’t seen any pop up on the calendar

Wanting to do the Mig and Tig classes here also

Metoo. Sounds like it will be full before it is even posted…

@malcolmputer @LukeStrickland I know you guys have taught classes in the past, so I wanted to check to see what the requirements to teach are. I’m by no means a welding expert, but if I were to be given the basics, I’m pretty confident I could teach a “Safety and Basics” class pretty well, and it looks like (according to this board), its something that’s in short supply currently. Is this something that’s been done in the past, or is it typically something taught by an expert? Thanks for all you guys do! Cheers!

The goals of our welding classes are to get members up and running on the machines, great welding takes practice. I’ve been busybusybusy. However I can fit a mig class or two on the calendar, if you’re interested in teaching I recommend signing up for a class to get our process. We have a syllabus for the most part.

From what I found we need a surplus of Mig classes, most members just want to glue metal together. I think we should have a very small amount of Tig classes that are slightly longer and less member throughput, for those who truly want to train the skill.

3 Likes

I’ve been waiting for a MIG class as well just to be able to use the equipment; I’ve welded before, though it’s been a while since I’ve done MIG (mostly just using a stick welder these days due to equipment on hand).

-Jim

1 Like

Luke,

I’d be more than happy to do some MIG classes after I take one. I’ve done my share of Flux and MIG, and am definitely available to teach that. I’d love to train on TIG as well, but that’s more for me personally, I wouldn’t feel comfortable training anyone. Let me know if you can get one on the books soon, preferably after the 28th, then I can get a few on the calendar after that!

1 Like

I am also wanting to take MiG and TiG

I’m planning on teaching a class or two once my dad and I get finished welding up the grill. 3 weeks out?

Busy teaching a kicad class this weekend, and welding on my project all next weekend.

2 Likes

I also just want to glue metal bits together, but I’d be happy with Stick…

For all following the thread, I’ve posted two classes, and there’s a discussion here on them:

1 Like