Any tool requests? And committee meeting this thursday 8:30pm

interesting - I haven’t heard of the LT tire use on trailers. Next time I need trailer tires, I’ll look into those options.

There’s apparently a Japanese version of Phillips screwdrivers? That would be handy (JIS standard)

There is a Europoean Phillips style called Pozidriv - Snap-On used to sell the drivers (back in the1980s).

Below is a link about them vs US Philips:
http://www.garagejournal.com/forum/showthread.php?t=228032

+1 for the hex socket set and spring compressor.

Do we have a diagnostic scanner? A cheap ELM327 would be helpful, but there are probably better options if we wanted to spend more than $30.

What about wheel alignment equipment? Not necessarily lasers/cameras, but some turn plates and straight edges/string could be awesome :smiley:

They aren’t tools, but replacements for the (trip hazard) rolled-up-corner rugs would be lovely…

We have a quicktrick alignment set (2 digital angle gauges on an arm) and some vct tile turn plates that we tried out recently, I wouldn’t recommend it if you want an accurate alignment, it works about as well as you could expect for $0

2 Likes

I wish I could make it to the committee meeting.

I would suggest a 3/8 and a 3/4 breaker bar.
A few more impact extensions.
A set of plastic trim and molding tool set.

2 Likes

I got a rusty 1/2" breaker bar with my car. It’s sitting on the free shelf if anyone wants to attempt saving it

You know, with a decent power supply (hmmm…) you could remove rust with electrolysis…

… or the sandblaster. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Or EvapoRust. Lol. Used that quite a few times. They(EvapoRust) claim that the Navy uses it to de-rust engines.

I got a very heavy box of new tools, green spraypaint, and a label maker (to replace hard to read laminated magnetic green labels with gold on black printed labels), will see if I can trick some people into helping organize the auto area tonight

2 Likes

@Brandon_Green I can help as long as the new member Thursday stuff doesn’t take too long.

+1 for @Shawn_R’s request for a plastic trim/moulding set!

Yeah, like naval jelly. It’s some sort of acid (phosphoric–maybe?).

So long as Zombie Defense is still a category…

I don’t like that a drawer with tools in it was labelled with this name. The snap ring pliers I needed was in that drawer, and I had to resort to a linear search to find it.

Jokes are fine for projects, not for tool chests. Please label the drawers sanely.

2 Likes

New tools and labels installed with help from johntron

3 Likes

It’s typically been prying instruments in that drawer, thus pliers would have been misplaced. However, utility is indeed more important than inside jokes.

1 Like

There goes the neighborhood.

Now we should all wander aimlessly and dull not making jokes.

1 Like

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B01D92BYL4/ref=cm_

Useful for bleeding brakes, draining reservoirs, etc, etc. Mine got stolen, I’ve missed it ever since.