Another glaze over firebrick

Not a fan of the firebrick on this bottle and was thinking about reglazing it again. Any suggestions that might look nice with this?

:bulb: NOTE: New threads created as "uncategorized" will not show up on the list of "recent" topics. If you want to be sure that your thread is seen in the list of "recent" topics, it must be added to a specific category or sub-category. Please select the one most appropriate for the topic you are creating. This will also make it easier for members to locate the thread at a later date by browsing through the category associated with the subject of your thread. Thanks!

Oatmeal looks great over almost everything

I’ve never been a fan of glazing over and already glazed and fired piece, because the results are often very inconsistent or just unpredictable. I’ve always found it to be less work to just recreate the piece and use a different glaze from the start. So I would suggest, just make a new piece, rather than continuing to re-glaze.

As for glazes I like, I love celadon. You can get very nice black and brown effects by under glazing with just iron oxide and water, then glaze with celadon.

Here is an example,

1 Like

I second Anita’s Oatmeal recommendation. Also Indigo Float but it runs pretty heavy over DF so a drip tray is a must.

I haven’t had any luck with glazing a second time but I have seen nice results with Seaweed over Firebrick. Here is an example. I also love Paladium and Albany Slip Brown over Firebrick but I’m not sure that would work for your bottle.

firebrick