*ALL* regular sewing machines out of order 1/20/19. ** Machines are back! **

Currently we have 3 machines already at the repair shop (#9, #10, & #11 in the repair queue as of Friday 1/18/19) and the rest will be taken out to the repair shop this week. We will retrieve the sewing machines as soon as possible once they are finished with their needed maintenance.

The Babylock embroidery machine and the 2 sergers are still working correctly and available for use.

2 Likes

Will you please let me know if they are not ready by Friday morning? I might have to cancel my Friday’s classes. Thanks!

1 Like

You might want to send an email to everyone in your classes warning them of the possibility that you might have to cancel - so they know to check their email before they head out to the space for your class.

3 Likes

Thanks John. Will do!

1 Like

It is very likely that you’ll have to cancel. The repair shop’s stated time frame is 20-25 days. The first machines only went there less than a week ago. The odds of them being back in time for your class is slim.

Most likely. I sent out emails stating that classes might be cancelled, but I don’t want to cancel prematurely just in case there is a slim chance they might be done by Friday afternoon. Fingers crossed!

2 Likes

The first three machines are #2 thru #4 in the repair queue when the other machines were dropped off earlier today.

5 Likes

All machines are back!

Please note, every machine had the exact same issue that required repair, and they are all caused by one thing which we all need to stop doing:

DO NOT PULL THE FABRIC THROUGH THE MACHINE.

Let the feed dogs under the foot do their job to feed the fabric through as you sew. Pulling on the fabric causes two things to happen. 1) It pulls the needle out of alignment, & 2) causes the bobbin tension and timing to be pulled out of their proper settings.

Thanks, and have fun!

12 Likes