About the Software Development category

The Software Development category is for the discussion, questions and news about software development, programming and computer science that doesn’t fit in other existing categories.

Some keywords for fun: coding scripting machine language embedded Python Linux SQL Perl PHP Android application MATLAB development design Go Swift Hack Rust Scala Dart Clojure Haskell Apache Groovy JavaScript Java Ruby PHP C++ C# Go Scala Swift Elixer Julia Kotlin Smalltalk Scheme Elisp LISP Processing Fortran Draco Cobol LISA Assembly BASIC Android iOS Unix Bash g-code Lua

@LisaSelk Forgot about Arduino :wink:

Though I think we’ll leave the “DevOps” topics like Unix/Bash, Ansible, Jenkins/CICD, Hadoop, Tensorflow, and etc… to VCC.

I think that BASIC, Assembly, and Pascal are as a VCC thing too but that’s up to the community to decide.

I’d like to see the Software Development go towards problem-solving development(via apps, websites, a razPI, a TI-89 pro, take your pick) rather than throwing people into the deep end with multiple languages that solve the same problem in different ways.

go towards problem-solving development(via apps, websites, a razPI, a TI-89 pro, take your pick) rather than throwing people into the deep end with multiple languages that solve the same problem in different ways.

Sounds more like VCC :wink: but if there was a single focused direction than I could see it benefiting everyone.