'62 Corvair available for $1,500

Today I saw a '62 Corvair (unsafe at any speed!) at Alex Paint and Body, 545 E Main St, Lewisville, TX. 214-222-3141. When I asked the owner about it he said that he had the title and he did want to sell the car. The prior owner had decided to stop putting money into restoring it and the bodyshop owner needs the space. Hardtop, red, body looked in decent shape at a first glance. It’s been sitting for 8+ months.
Wish I had the skills to restore it!
Graham

1 Like

33 posts were split to a new topic: Unsafe at Any Speed - Vehicle and Driver Safety Discussion

what all does it need?

I have no idea what it needs. I just saw it at the bodyshop today when I
was getting an appraisal on my car. Seems like someone might want it as a
project car. Wish it could be me.

1 Like

I wish I had the room for a project car, the corvair looks cool, I like the rear engine v6, it’s like a really bad American Porsche.

That’s a flat 6. I don’t Detroit had any v6’s in that era. Plenty of in line 6’s including a SOHC I6 by Pontiac.

1 Like

Very true.

Au contraire! This is the one which springs immediately to mind: http://gmauthority.com/blog/2013/05/1960s-era-gmc-5-0-liter-was-the-first-v6-engine-in-pickup-trucks-history-alley/

We’re now getting way off point:

Corvairs are cool.
There is one available.
If you buy it, don’t be an asshat (especially a “Naderesque”, master level, asshat).

3 Likes