3D printer class!

But resin printer is not open.

I don’t think it’s finished, yet.
Mitch or Axie (already mentioned in this thread) would be those who know what is next for someone who’s taken the online course.

After finishing the Polyprinter class online today can I use that now?

1 Like

I’d like to know this as well, if so Ill take the course today or tomorrow.

hello, so i just submitted a class for basics for 3d fab basics. it will be december 2nd at 7pm in lecture hall.

will added one for a resin for the 3rd at 3pm

5 Likes

The resin class isn’t done yet so enrollment isn’t open.

As for the polyprinter class, if you take that online and get 100% you are good to use the machines. @axeonos please confirm this person our last conversation.

3 Likes

Does passing the test automagically set the appropriate Active Directory permission flag? If not, what will it take to make that happen?

1 Like

No, but it is tracked in Moodle. We had a member working on that in the past but they quit so that has stalled. If the new developers group can do that, it would help us out tremendously.

2 Likes

Do you know what language it is written in? For the sake of volunteers like Stan and Lisa who normally fiddle with flags in AD, maybe put this out there as a volunteer opportunity to make it work as soon as possible?

1 Like

Moodle is written in php 5 and is a lot less fun to code in than even Cake. At lease its not Drupal or asp.net.

But, at this rate I may have to though up a crash course for php programming.

2 Likes

Hey @axeonos,

if your needing time to heal or something comes up then count me in as a backup instructor for the 3d fab basics class. Just would need a few hours notice so I can get to the space on time.

2 Likes

If only it was ASP (classic), I can do that.

3 Likes

I got 10/10 … on my second attempt. :blush: I blame it on my cold. :grin:

I’d like to take the class but might want to run a model through just to get some experience.

1 Like

We have a developers group? I hadn’t heard about that!

https://calendar.dallasmakerspace.org/?sort=Events.event_start&direction=desc&type=2&category=68

Both the Code Slingers and DMS Developer SIG Priorities Meeting are the more formalization of our usually volunteer based help around the space.

Now, does one have to attend these to be apart of the development efforts at Dallas Makerspace; it helps with coordination but one is free to contribute in a manner that benefits the community the most.

The best one can do to help contribute is to submit pull requests, bug reports, and feature requests on github, along document things up on the wiki or even submitting to the dms blog.

1 Like

Excellent, thank you! I’ll put the SIG on my calendar for January. I have a standing conflict with the Code Slingers, but if that changes, I may try to make that as well, sounds fun!

1 Like

If I’ve taken the online class and scored 100%, what do I need to do further to get added to the approved users list?

Talk with the committee chair and one of the infrastructure admins.They will get you set up from there.

Is our Moodle hosted by us or do we pay for it to be hosted?

In other words, how much control do we have over it? Do we have to develop a Moodle add-in or, if necessary, can we modify Moodle itself?

Is the member-who-was-working-on-it still a DMS member?

Is our Moodle hosted by us or do we pay for it to be hosted?

Moodle is hosted by us on a vm in aws. So both but we have 100% control over it.

Is the member-who-was-working-on-it still a DMS member?

Not sure whom this is but both @talkers and myself have requested admin access and I’ll be looking at ways to integrate it into the helpline, talk, and the replacement calendar api